|Editor Jeff Fortson with Toyota's Diversity Manager Alva Mason at the Las Vegas debut of the 2016 Toyota Prius|
Highlights of the 2016 Toyota Prius
- This is the 4th generation Prius, with all-new styling that mimics its hydrogen vehicle, the Mirai.
- The vehicle rides on a new platform which Toyota claims will have a more engaging driving experience, as a result of a new double wishbone suspension.
- The Prius is 2.4 inches longer, 6. inches wider and .8 inches lower than the current generation Prius
- Should be the best non plug-in vehicle on the road with gas mileage to meet a combined 55-mpg; A new Eco model will join the line up which should exceed a combined 55-mpg.
- Toyota has added new safety technology: a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, a lane departure alert with steering alert, a full speed radar-activated cruise control system and automatic controlled high beam headlights.
- The Prius goes on sale in 2016. Pricing hasn't been announced. However, the current Prius has a starting price of $24,040.